Thursday, March 24, 2011

Final Exams are Over!

            Oh yeah! Finally it’s the last day of winter quarter for me at Renton Technical College. Yesterday I took my English class’s final and today I took my Psychology final. I think I did pretty well on both finals. I’ve also learn a lot in both classes from two great teachers. The English class final had one hundred multiple choice questions and one random type of essay. I knew the answers for many questions, but there were a couple that I had to guess for the best answer. This was due to the fact that those questions had vague answers. Some of the questions I probably got the wrong answer, but I don’t think I miss many. I had a really easy time writing up the essay part though. The type of essay I had was an argumentative/persuasive essay. The prompt that I picked was: Are you for or against the use of physical punishment to discipline a child? When I picked it, I knew I was against it, but I didn’t know what my back ups are. Then the things that I learned in psychology popped into my mind. I used what I learned in my psychology to help me write my supporting ideas. I think I didn’t do too badly on the essay part.
            The psychology final was much shorter. It consisted of 27 multiple choices, five true or false, and one essay question. I finished it in half an hour. I did guess on three questions. I had no idea what the answers were. I actually came to school two hours earlier just to study before the class starts. I wasn’t confidence about passing the test, but it turned out alright.
            Next quarter or spring quarter I’ll be taking a speech & communication class and one math class. The school’s registration actually put me on the waiting list for my speed & communication class last week, and today I checked my schedule it shows that I got in. I need to pass those two classes in order to get my associate degree. After that I’ll focus on looking for a job. My parents are getting older, and they are planning to retire in the next two to three years. I really need to get a job by then.

1 comment:

  1. You did do well on your Composition Final Exam, so your hunch was at least partially right!

    ReplyDelete