Sunday, March 6, 2011

Email Catastrophe


            Today I got up and got ready to go to school. I came exactly one hour early, so I can finish my General Psychology class’s weekly quiz. Our quiz was given at the end of class to be done at home as homework on every Wednesday night. Last week we had a lot of snow in Renton; it was unsafe for me to drive to school. I emailed the teacher, and she allowed me to make it up. So I went to the library and finished it. I finished it in half an hour, which means there’s about thirty minutes left before my class start. I’m taking the class in the evening, and it starts at six. Usually the teacher is already there when it is 5:30 PM. This time she was not there. I was thinking to myself that she may be stuck in traffic and would be coming late. So I went to use the rest room and came back to smoke a cigarette to let the time pass. As it is nearing six o’clock many of my classmates showed up. We all stood around the stairwell and chat. A few of them was hoping the teacher wouldn’t show up, so they can all go home. Little did I know class was actually canceled. I’ve never check my emails during the day. I’ve always check it at night right before I go to bed. Neither did the rest of the class mates did. We waited until 6:10 PM then finally, someone checked their email on their mobile phone. The teacher have sent out emails to everyone letting us know that she got the flu, and cannot make it today. So class was canceled. Everyone was happy. Even I was a little happy, but I wasted an hour coming to school. It was pointless. I should’ve checked my emails earlier in the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment